Halloween Decorating

Halloween is one of my favorite "holidays".  For many years I've decorated my home and office with spiderwebs, black cats, witches, goblins, ghosts and monsters.  Many years ago, when I was working for the American Red Cross, I had totally decked out my cubicle with spiderwebs and spiders dangling from the ceiling.  I also had some vintage Halloween cutouts adorning the walls.  One day Elizabeth Dole, who had just become President of the organization back then, had visited our little office in Philadelphia, PA.  Initially I wasn't even supposed to see her, but she saw my decorations and came over to see what I had done.  She admired my decked out cubicle, but the best part of the story is, after Ms. Dole and her entourage left, one guy lingered behind.  He was asking me questions on how I was able to make the spiderwebs look so good.  He proceeded to tell me that his never look as good as what I had dangling from the ceiling.  As I was giving him pointers, We heard Elizabeth Dole yelling out for this guy and his eyes bugged out and he took off! Really gave me a good chuckle to see him scurry away like that!  Anyway, now I work in an office where these types of decorations are frowned upon, so sadly, I don't even bother at the office.

At home, Ed balks at my Halloween decorations claiming that no one will see them....but I told him that I don't care because I can see them!  Anyway, I brought out a few of my favorite Halloween decorations yesterday.

Picked up a couple of white mini-pumpkins at Trader Joes.  Also have a ceramic pumkin, that I think I got at the dollar store many, many years ago!

Folksy black cat.  He used to have a Beware of Cat sign, but I couldn't find it in all the mess of the closet.

Found this crazy-eyed guy in the trash a couple years ago.  He looks pretty happy to be here.

All my vintage and not-so-vintage black cats.

This black cat snuck in....the other cats don't seem to notice...


 I also ended up bringing in the house plants because there was talk of the first frost of the season already!  Looks like this Halloween is going to be a chilly one here.  

Comments

CraveCute said…
I Love your Halloween decorations! Tell Ed your blogger friends love them too! The kitties are of course my favorites!!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
I will! Thanks! The black cats are my favorite too!
That crazy-eyed snaggletoothed JOL is my fave! What a trash find! Who the hell would throw that treasure away?
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Debra, I am as surprised as you to see someone just put this in the trash! The building where I live, people throw out the nicest things! One weekend I managed to get three handbags, and one of them was a coach bag. It was left in a pile in the trash area for anyone to take!

Popular Posts