Cicadas and carpet conundrum

Last week as I was walking to the train station on my way to work, I spotted a large bug on a tree that appeared to be dead.  I took a photo of it and then Googled it.  Turns out it was a cicada in the nymph stage.


They normally shed their nymph skin and emerge as adults, with their full wings.   I wasn't sure if the adult had already emerged or not, so I figured I would check it everyday to see what happens.  In just a few days I had my answer....


I captured this image on my way home from work.  I was incredibly surprised to catch this one as it was emerging!  Came back the next morning and it was gone and only the nymph shell remained.  Nature is totally amazing!!

On another note, we got a free rug over the weekend.  One of  our neighbors in the condo where we live was getting rid of a rug, so we decided to take it.  Nothing beats a free rug!  Right now I have it in my dressing room.  Not sure if I prefer the old rug or this new rug though.   I figured I'd give it a try for a few days to see how I like it.


New rug in a bright orangey-red!  The color of the rug is really bright. and the photo does not do it justice. It is also a little smaller than the rug that was there previously. 


Here is the rug that was here previously.  I don't know...I still like this rug too! 

Not sure which one stays and which one goes, but I think I'll keep the new rug in for a few weeks to see if I like it.  

Comments

CraveCute said…
I love both your rugs. Keep them both and change them out seasonally to go with your decor. My cats like to play with the poor cicadas. Not so much fun for the bugs. The cats have a ball though. :0
SUZY8-TRACK said…
I think I'll keep them both and switch them out like you recommended. Keeps me from getting bored with my decor.

Re: Cicada's my parent's cat once ate a cicada right in front of us...it was totally gross, you could see the wings sticking out her mouth and you could hear it buzzing in her mouth, but the cat seemed to love it! I'm going to miss the cicada's sound now that summer is just about over.
Jenn Ski said…
I think visually i live the old rug, but the new rug looks so cozy.

Popular Posts