Trash Find!


It seems like ages since I've done any trash picking!  Haven't done it so much since my dog Aspen passed away.  I miss those long walks around the neighborhood and having him help me sniff out treasures on the curbside.  The building where Ed lives used to be a hot bed of amazing trash finds, but since I moved in with him, the pickin's haven't been so great.  Well, last night, Finally, after months and months of not finding any great trash finds, I finally found something interesting!

Ed and I were headed over the gym, and in the dumpster room of our building,  I spotted this interesting painting.  I showed it to Ed and he asked me if I wanted it.  At the time I wasn't sure, I told him that I'll leave it there for now and if it was still there when we returned...it was meant to be.  Well apparently it WAS meant to be because as soon as we came back, I headed to the dumpster room and found it!  Even Ed, who is trying NOT to trash pick liked this painting and was willing to let me bring this home.  I think it is a simple painting and very modern and pop arty (is that a word?), which is why I think it appealed to both of us.  I love the black and white against the bright blue.  It reminds me of a comic book drawing. Now all I need to do is find a prominent  place to hang him!  

Comments

Eartha Kitsch said…
Aspen was so beautiful. I like the painting. I wonder who it is? I guess we'll never know!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Thanks for you nice comment about Aspen. He was such a great dog, and super friendly to everyone he met. Re: the painting. I wish I knew who left it in the trash...perhaps knowing who the artist is would provide a clue as to who the subject is....perhaps someone who lives in my building?
Yeah, that's a pretty sweet trash find! It's great to find something of that quality.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Its been awhile since I've found anything worthy of taking home that I've seen in the trash. I just love the pop art quality of this piece.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Ed must have REALLY liked this painting because he hung it up in our entryway.

Popular Posts