Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Bah Humbug!

Not sure what it is about this holiday, but I'm glad its almost over!  I've been in a grumpy mood for most of December and Christmas Eve took me over the top.  We had a lovely time with friends and family, but for some reason, I wasn't really in the mood.  I usually love the holidays, but this year was a total bust for me.  Even the Holiday lights tour that I go on every year couldn't drag me out of my funk.  To top it all off...when we came home on Christmas Eve, after spending time with the family, I opened the car door only to have my favorite holiday platter fall out and smash to the ground!  I was very upset because I LOVED this platter and had used it during the holidays for the last 10 years!  Photos of the carnage below....anyway, I suppose it was a fitting end to the Christmas holiday and how I've been feeling this season.  On another note, I also got new glasses with Progressive lenses, and to be honest, I've been getting headaches with them.  They are a bit of an adjustment, so that just added to my malaise.  Feeling a bit like Charlie Brown this holiday.  Hopefully everyone had a better Christmas than me!  Even Ed was a downer this year, and has already started talking about taking down the tree!  Oh well, looking forward to a new year! 

Ed apologized for just throwing it in the backseat of the car.  Apparently as we were driving home, it was rolling around in the back seat and when I finally opened the back door...SMACK!
 

Hopefully I'll be able to score another one of these...but I think it will be difficult.  It was a present from my sister many years ago.  *sigh*  Just have to keep scouring ebay for one of these.

5 comments:

CraveCute said...

Ouch! It hurts to see your broken platter, it was so cute! Any way to salvage it by making a mosaic trivet or something? Also regarding your progressive lenses ... I've had them and they do take a while to get used to. Hope your New Year starts off better!

SUZY8-TRACK said...

I think I cried a little when it broke, but got over it pretty quickly. I have to remember that its just stuff...and stuff can usually be replaced. But I did get about 10 years of use from that platter. RE: Progressive lenses...I was warned that they take a bit to get used to...guess with time it will get easier. I will say that my vision reading things far away has improved immensely, but reading has been difficult...and I LOVE reading.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Bummer about the platter. My condolences. I always find it takes me about a week to get used to new progressive bifocals. Going down stairs is the worst thing for me. Then I adjust. I hope you soon do too!

jadedj said...

You hit two nerves with me. I always get the December blues. I'm not sure why, but it happens. I only endure it all because of my children, otherwise I just wouldn't participate.

The progressive lens...I hate them! I have tried them twice now, and ended up both times taking them back. I damn near broke my foot last time because I misstepped over a log and tripped due to the distortion...sprained it.

SUZY8-TRACK said...

I'm beginning to adjust to the Progressive lenses, but I'm still struggling a bit. Reading is an adventure, I'm used to cuddling up with a book and now I have to hold it back at a distance in order to read it.