Fall

Seems like fall is going by quicker than usual this year...hard to believe that its almost Thanksgiving!Still can't quite wrap my head around that fact!  Already the airwaves are being inundated with Chrismas ads and I can't help but feel a little melancholy because I know that winter is coming.  What happened to fall?  It is my favorite time of year, but it goes by so quickly!  Winter and summer seem neverending, but Fall always goes by in a flash.  After Hurricane Sandy, most of the fall leaves have fallen off much sooner than they probably would have normally....so I'm kind of bummed that all the pretty fall colors are disappearing so quickly this year.

This is a large colorful tree on the front lawn of our condo building.  The colors were so vibrant...the photo does not do it justice.  This photo was taken just a couple of days before Hurricane Sandy hit.

Here is a photo of the same tree a couple days after Hurricane Sandy.  Makes me sad to see fall leaves disappear so quickly.

On another note, this Thanksgiving, we are headed to Atlantic City to hit one of the buffets for the holiday.  Normally we would go to his Aunt's house, but since the flood, we are now going to the Borgata.  Not quite the family gathering I envisioned...but at least we won't have to worry about cleanup or what to do with the leftovers.

Comments

I've had some wonderful holiday buffet dinners over the years at restaurants. I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving buffet!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
I'm sure it will be fine, its just the first time that I'm spending it in a restaurant, and not someone's home.

Popular Posts