Coincidence??


Yesterday, after a long day at work, I came home and headed over to the lobby of the condo building I live in.  In the lobby, there are a bunch of bookshelves where folks in the building bring books they have read or no longer want.  Many times I've brought stuff down there in order to purge my book collection.  For some reason I was compelled to go down to see if there was anything of interest to read, since I was almost finished the current book I was reading.  Immediately I came upon "My Life In France" by Julia Child.  Julia has always been an inspiration for me and I have always enjoyed watching her cooking shows.  I was pretty happy to find her book, and immediately snatched it off the shelf with my greedy little hands.  To my surprise, this morning, when I get on the computer and the Google site popped up, I found out that today is Julia's 100th birthday! Eerie coincidence?!!  Perhaps other forces are at work here?  Either way, it is odd that I would come across her book right around her 100th birthday.   Does stuff like this ever happen to you?  Seems that the older I get, the more often these types of things occur.  Most of the time I laugh it off and forget about it, but this was just so odd because of the timing.  Anyway, Happy Birthday Julia!


Comments

The spirit of Julia Child is reaching out to you! I just finished reading a blogger who raved about what a good book "My Life in France" is. And now is the perfect time to read it!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
I agree! Can't wait to read it!

Popular Posts