Oh No!


Very sad to hear that Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees has passed away after a long bout with cancer.  Wow, another one of my favorite performers from the 70s is now gone!  Hard to believe that there is only one Bee Gee left!  Robin was an amazingly talented performer, he will be greatly missed.  No one could hit those high notes like him. 

 I can remember a time when you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing a Bee Gees song.  They were incredibly popular during the 70s and were on a heavy rotation on the airwaves.  I own the soundtrack for Saturday Night Fever, on which they were heaviliy featured, on 8track and LP.   You know that I'll  be listening to them later this evening...probably bopping to it while I'm folding my laundry.   RIP Robin, you were my favorite Bee Gee and I've appreciated all the music you have put out over the years. 


Comments

How sad! I hadn't heard this news yet today. I know a couple of weeks ago he rallied a bit, came out of a coma and spoke with his family. What a fabulous career he had with his brothers.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
It is incredibly sad! I just heard about it last night. He and his brothers were so talented. At least their music will live on.

Popular Posts