Budding Artist

Over the weekend I went to a painting class.  I used to draw a lot when I was younger, but this was my first attempt at a painting, so I was pretty nervous.  The class was held at a place called Painting with a Twist, where they have different paintings each week and they teach you how to re-create a particular painting.  Well this past Saturday was Paint Your Pet night, which was a little different, because we would all be doing our own paintings of our pets.  Each person who enrolled in the class would email a photo of their pet and when you arrived they had you set up with paint and a canvas with a rought sketch of your pet.  They had several artists there to assist you and guide you with your painting.  Everyone was so nice and it was a wonderful experience that I would definitely do it again.  The only drawback is that it only lasted 3 hours... I could have seriously spent a few more hours on my painting getting it just right. I mostly happy with it, except for the whiskers, nose and mouth area.  I used to be timid about painting, but after this experience, I'm ready to do it again. 

Here is my finished painting with the photo I was working with.


Here is my painting at home.  Its not perfect, but I think I really captured Moob's eyes. 

Comments

Eartha Kitsch said…
That's really good! I can't believe that you did that in such a short time.
Excellent! Yes, the eyes are very good but I think you did a spectacular job on painting the fur. You should pursue this hobby!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Thanks! I used to draw quite a bit, but this was my first attempt at painting. The instructors were very helpful when I was creating my painting.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Thanks Debra,I did spend a lot of time trying to make him look fluffy!

Popular Posts