Monday, February 27, 2012

Getting Older

This past Saturday was my 48th birthday.  I've reached that point in my life when I've starting to dread upcoming birthdays...especially since 50 is looming ahead in just a couple of years. Most people tell me that I look to be in my late 30s rather than my late 40s (thanks to good genes!!) but turning 50 is somewhat scary for me.  That means I'm a half century old!  Yikes!  I certainly don't feel as old as I am, except perhaps when I'm climbing steps and my knees are making that horrible crunching sound or the fact that I now have to wear bifocals.

The one thing I've noticed about myself, especially since my 40s is that I no longer care what people think about what I wear and I've adopted brighter colors in my wardrobe as well.  When I was in my 20s and 30s, just about every thing I owned was black.  I also find that I wear more jewelry too.  And the older I get, the funkier the pieces I buy have become.  Just watch this fabulous video that a good friend sent me.  This has given me a whole new outlook on getting older!  What a hoot these women are!!!  Enjoy!!!!


5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love women with such a kick-ass sense of style, life, themselves! And what a great line that the trick is to look chic, not crazy!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

PS -- Happy birthday, too! I'm going to swipe this video for my International Women's Day post -- thanks, Sue!

SUZY8-TRACK said...

Yes, please pass this video on! Its one of those that must be shared!

Eartha Kitsch said...

"I am dressed up for the theater of my life everyday". <---fabulous

madie said...

happy belated birthday, suzy with many many more happier ones to come!
God bless!