On my way to work

Since I moved in with Ed, I now take the train into work.  My office is located a few blocks from the train station and every morning I walk through the City Hall building and head south to my office on Broad Street.  This morning, as I slowly made my way in, I realized, this is a pretty amazing city.  I walk past some amazing art and architecture each and every morning without even noticing.  This morning I decided to take a few photos with my iphone just to give you a little peek into what I see as I make my way from the train station to my office every morning.

This is the first thing I see when I come up the steps from the underground train station...a very erotic sculpture in front of the Municipal Building.   It has some name like Erotica or something like that.  Years ago, I had a make out session with an old boyfriend at the base of that sculpture!
 

 This is the North entrance into Philadelphia City Hall...is that Ben Franklin looking down upon the people from up above?


This is the mysterious Masonic Lodge...not open to the public.


Blocked off stairwell at City Hall...for some reason I find this view oddly appealing, perhaps its the soft glow of light from behind the bars.

 There is something romantic about that balcony view...I almost expect Juliet call down to Romeo


 A blurry view of the north entrance area of City Hall


 Love all the intricate carvings 



This is leading to the large courtyard in the center of City Hall


Inside the huge courtyard of City Hall.  Each entrance into the courtyard has incredible tile work and carvings.    It is an amazing building...too bad the offices inside aren't as grand...think drop ceilings and wood paneling...ick...well at least it was like that in the late 90s, hopefully with all the renovations they have been doing over the last few years, they did some work on the office spaces too.  Looking at these photos makes me appreciate where I live and not take things for granted.




Comments

Beautiful! Love that orgy sculpture, LOL!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Isn't that the best??!! I love it too! Next time I'm walking by, I'll see if I can get the title and the artist.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Ok, I found out that it is called "Government of the People" but it does look more like an orgy with all the body parts! It was erected in 1976 to commemorate the BiCentennial of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

Popular Posts