Cruise Photos

I just went on my first cruise, and it was the most fabulous experience ever!  Our room was huge, with a balcony and a king size bed....the bathroom on the other hand, was very tiny and could really only fit one person at a time in there.  Other than the super tiny bathroom, the ship was amazing!  There was a basketball court, rock climbing wall, several pools and hot tubs, miniature golf, a movie theater, an ice skating rink, a shopping mall....I mean this place was crazy big!  Our ports were Nassau, Bahamas and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.  I'll just say this about them...the people are somewhat desperate and many of them are incredibly rude (especially in Jamaica).  Everywhere you turned there was someone looking for a handout.  I guess living in paradise isn't all that I imagined it would be.  Nassau, we just walked through town and did a little shopping in the straw market and ate some conch fritters.  The weather was gorgeous, but the town was looking a little run down. In Ocho Rios we took a bus ride through Fern Gully and toured the ancient ruins gardens (which weren't really ancient, just made to look that way) and climbed the Dunns River Falls (which were incredibly treacherous!).  Would I ever go back?  Maybe, but only if I stayed at a resort that had everything I needed.

Below are some of the photos we took

 This was our ship, Navigator of the Seas.  The ship was massive!

This was the view from our balcony, looking out at Fort Lauderdale, FL

 Our lovely balcony!

 This was our cabin storage

This was our cabin.  We had a huge sofa, king size bed and balcony.  Only the bathroom was tiny.

Goodbye Fort Lauderdale!  Off to the Bahamas!  Although an hour after we left, there was some sort of medical emergency and the ship had to head back to Ft. Lauderdale.  Many people on the ship thought that someone had died, which was why we had to rush back.

   On our way to Nassau, Bahamas

 Taken very early in the morning, shortly after we docked in Nassau, Bahamas

 This was our lovely view from the balcony, sadly, it was eventually blocked by another cruise ship

The water was incredibly blue..unlike how it looks at home!

Here comes that cruise ship to block our lovely view of the town!

Another view of the cruise ship heading towards us.

Christmas in the Bahamas!  The weather was gorgeous...I think it was about 77 degrees out!

 Back at sea...on our way to Jamaica

We loved the view from our balcony.

We were one of many cruise ships docked in Jamaica

View of the ship as we were docked in Jamaica

Gorgeous sunset as we were making our way from Jamaica back to FL.

Comments

Lemmy Caution said…
I've been waiting for the vacation photos! Very nice. Looks quite relaxing indeed. Jealous.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
It was incredibly relaxing...I even forgot that I had a job and responsibilities! That is a true vacation! I did miss my pets and family over the holidays though.
How did I miss this post before? Looks like a fab vacation. And that incredibly blue water!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
I know, the blue water was unbelievably beautiful!

Popular Posts