Time For Another Edition Of...


I love the 70s, but there were some seriously bad designs as well as groovy.  Below are some of the abominations of the 70s.  These were taken from the site EUROBAD '74, an exhibition of Europe's worst interiors of 1974.  Enjoy!

For some odd reason, this foxy lady thought it would be a good idea to make an outfit from the leftover fabric from her drapes and sofa.  This is an example of matching gone too far.  If I had to pick an element I like about this room it would have to be that groovy little red flip clock behind her.

This truly scares the shit out of me!  Imagine the static coming off of these in winter!  Digging the mushroom lamps though.  

This would give any kid nightmares!

Its not easy bein' green...and its not easy to look at this room....talk about green overload!  Even the car is green! What was it with everything having to match??


Obviously someone went a little tile crazy here!  It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't such a busy looking pattern on the tiles.  Plain tiles would have been a better choice.  Also, they seem to clash with the avocado toilet and sink.  Also..is that wall to wall carpeting in the bathroom?  Yuck...I'm getting skeeved out just thinking of the mildew underneath!

Hmmm...I'm kind of digging this room.  I love the pattern on the drapes and that silver floor lamp is fantastic.  Not sure what the deal is with that really super low coffee table.  You almost have to sit on the floor just to put something on it!  The only thing that really dates this room is the outfits the people are wearing.

This one isn't too horrible....kind of reminds of that furniture called This End Up...which looked like it was made from shipping crates.  Seriously, is it just me or does that doll in the corner look kind of creepy?

Comments

I once had a stuffed animal (dog) in that exact same blue plush. Also, when I was in university, a kitchen stove in that shade of aqua-blue. *shudder*
Lemmy Caution said…
These picture are certifiably 100% USDA groovy. Ya dig.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
I love the designs from the 60s and 70s. Most of these rooms are over the top, but I must admit that there are elements in each of the rooms that I like. Time to bring back avocado as an appliance color!
Lemmy Caution said…
I actually like that last one quite a bit. I know it's least "groovy" of the decos....but I really like the spare look to it.

Popular Posts