Monday, June 7, 2010

June Trash Find

Found this chair moments before it ended up in the crusher of the trash truck.  All it needed was a good cleaning and it is good as new.  Not sure what I will do with it at the moment, since I do have an excess of chairs right now.  At the moment, it sits in my living room.



BEFORE:  Chair was very dirty and had some paint spatters.  All it needs is a good cleaning.


AFTER:  Cleaned up the paint splatters and the seat.  The red color of the seat is bright and shiny now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saved from the compactor...did the garbage men see you take it?

Lemmy Caution said...

Very nice before/after. Ya did quite the job with that cleaning! That red really pops out.

SUZY8-TRACK said...

The garbage men were at the end of the block...I don't think they saw me....but then again I didn't care if they did.

Anonymous said...

LOL...ever see the truck compacting and squeezing the trash?

SUZY8-TRACK said...

Ha! I would not want to be anywhere near that thing when its crushing! I would never actually steal it from the actual crusher...and I'd probably get yelled at by the trash collectors if I went anywhere near it anyway...although there was this one time where I was tempted...

Anonymous said...

hmmm...what tempted you?

You'd be surprised...we get a lot of people on the route who stop and watch the packing but are often to shy to admit it.

SUZY8-TRACK said...

I was tempted by an old beat up mid century mod table. It was in sad shape and one of the legs was broken, so I had passed on it the night before, but when I saw the guys getting ready to crush it the next morning I began to have a change of heart. Now I'm glad I didn't take it, because it would probably still be sitting in my basement, waiting for me to fix it.