Adventures in Thrifting!

As promised, here are photos from my recent visit at the Mega-huge church garage sale!  Some lovely goodies were to be found...and I spent less than $20 bucks for my entire haul!

As soon as I saw this, I grabbed, it.  I already had a bunch of other items in my hand and ended up balancing my items on the tray like I was a waitress in a crowded diner.


Fell in love with this lovely leaf-shaped wood bowl.  Not sure what kind of wood it is, possibly koa?  It is incredibly gorgeous...the photo does not do it justice.


I always love me some vintage pottery.  One of them is dated 1968 with the name Thielen carved into it and the other has the initials KTM.  These were probably made by some hippie art student in the late 60s.  I'm totally feeling these....very groovy!



When I first arrived at the garage sale, I spotted this lovely floor lamp from across the parking lot.  By the time I got close to it, some guy was already checking it out and I thought to myself "Oh no! I'm here too late"  but luckily for me, the guy had second thoughts and walked away.  As soon as he was out of sight, I ran up and grabbed it...its mine!  MINE!!!.  Felt even more gratified when the guy working the garage sale said it was $5...SCORE!



When I saw this domed cheese plate I knew I had to have it.  I love the bright yellow color.  Nearby, I also spotted a vintage fondue pot with electric hotplate, but since the  it was missing many of the accessories that went with it, I passed on it...still having second thoughts on that one.  One of these days I'll have a wine and cheese party with cheeseballs and fondue while playing some Lovin' Spoonful or some Grass Roots in the background...just like mom!  



Found this lovely vintage Pyrex bowl with ivy on the side.  It is incredibly huge and has a pouring spout on one end and a handle on the other.  It really needs a good cleaning, but I'm happy to add to my ever growing vintage pyrex collection.  I also managed to pick up a white baking dish by FireKing that had peaches painted on the side.  Unfortunately, I forgot to photograph it because it was already in use storing some food in my fridge.



Love this super cute milk glass chicken in a basket.  I already have a small collection of chickens in baskets, as well as a small collection of milk glass.  This could be part of both collections...doubly thrifty!

Comments

Lemmy Caution said…
Damn....the rummage sales around here NEVER have stuff that cool. I usually end up with a frayed basket or a commemorative Twitty City plate. Blah!! You got some sweet swag there.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Thanks! I was pretty stoked with all my fabulous finds!

Popular Posts