Funkengroovin Thursday!




The VW Bus is the height of vintage cool. When/If I retire, I would want to travel the country in one of these. In Cape May this past weekend I saw a tricked out one on the street and just had to take a picture of it. There used to be an old rusty VW bus camped out on the street near my old apartment. It had a for sale sign in the window, but it was easy to see that it needed a lot of work. I had always thought that the bus had a ton of potential, but my boyfriend at the time thought it was just junk and told me that I would be wasting money if I bought it. Never knew if the owner ever sold his bus, since I moved away before that happened, but I always had dreams of customizing it and making it a livable space on wheels.

There seems to be a renewed interest in these retro buses nowadays. Apartment Therapy, one of my favorite blogs, recently had a post about them, showing all the latest ways you can customize them to serve as mini mobile homes. There is also a couple who traveled the world in their VW bus. You can read about their adventure here. Ahhh must be lovely to live the life of a vagabond!

Comments

Popular Posts