Spooky the cat





Spooky the cat lives about a 1/2 block from my home. She is an adorable tuxedo cat who is incredibly friendly. I met Spooky while I was walking my dog one morning and she came right up to me and allowed me to pet her head, while showing no fear of Aspen. Her story, as told to me by the neighbors on the street, is that she was a stray who had been hanging around the neighborhood. Since she has such a nice disposition many of the neighbors tried to adopt her and bring her into their homes, but all of them were unsuccessful. Finally, one of the neighbors went out a purchased a dog house so that Spooky could have a refuge from the bad weather. So far, she really seems to like this arrangement. She loves being outside, and she even has a big orange tomcat who hangs around to protect her...and eat some of her food as well. Most times you will find her napping in her little habitat.

One day, while petting her, I noticed that the tip of one of her ears was cut off. It looked like a clean slice and not something that was from a fight or injury. I was telling one of my co-workers about this, and he informed me that when stay cats are captured, the tip of the ear is sliced off to indicate if they are spayed or neutered. I've never heard of this, but I think it's a great idea...I just hope it doesn't hurt too much when they chop it off.

I think it's terribly sweet of everyone to take care of this poor little stray. It's nice that all the neighbors look out for her and I even find myself checking in on her just about everyday, while I'm walking the pooch. It seems that everyone always stops to pet her and say hello when they walk by her home....and this makes me smile.

Comments

Popular Posts