Happy 4th of July!




I brought out my 4th of July...or actually my Bicentennial throw to commemorate the holiday. This originally belonged to my grandmother, but she did not make it herself, but I remember her having it in 1976 at the height of the Bicentennal frenzy in Philadelphia, where we all lived. She was not good at crafts, but she could make a mean rhubarb pie and her tapioca pudding was the best....just thinking of that makes me hungry. Anway, I'm not sure where she got this fabulous throw, perhaps a friend or family member gave it to her? It is definitely handmade and not mass produced, because there are some flaws where the squares don't line up perfectly. Nonetheless, I love this throw and will cherish it as long as I have it.
Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday!

Comments

Popular Posts