Stripey

While I was on vacation, I was doing a lot of online reading of some of the many shelter mags available.  As I was ready Lonny, Rue and Matchbook, I was inspired to create a more dramatic entryway in my home.  Somehow it hit me like a bolt of lightening....Stripes!!!


I had originally painted these doors to add a punch of color to the entryway, but I still feel like something is missing...




My idea is to add a more graphic statement in this area.   At first I was considering wallpaper, but its a pain to put up, plus its much easier to paint something.

Below are my inspirations:


This blue one is my favorite...but I'm not sure it would work with the green doors...may have to paint them white.



I absolutely adore these retro stripes, but I'm not sure Ed would approve....

Now I just need to figure out what color to paint the stripes, and also decide whether or not to keep the doors green or paint them out white.....decisions decisions!

Comments

Be sure to show us the "after" photos too! Gawd, I hating putting up and taking down wallpaper. You're wise to go the paint route. Also, love that cat cap-hanger!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
I will! Wallpaper, although looks nice, can be a pain in the ass to take down! When I was married, a million years ago, we lived in a house where they had wallpapered the ceiling too! Took us forever to get that down! By the way, the house dated back to the 20s, and there must have been 10 layers of wallpaper on the walls!
CraveCute said…
You are a brave lady! Can't wait to see how it looks!
Unknown said…
I love your doors! I been tellin Jerome we should paint our doors, that's a great color choice. That painting you found looks good there, too..... My vote for the retro stripes, as well ;)
SUZY8-TRACK said…
I didn't have a hand in the color choice of the doors, Ed gets all the credit for that. I'm thinking of painting stripes in a light gray color....but I'm waiting for the heat and humidity to go away...I'm sweating just typing this!

Popular Posts